Sunday, April 27, 2014

Copright laws turing kids into criminals?

I would have to say that Lawrence is wrong in a way because not many kids are turning into criminals. I don't think kids are turning into criminals because they can't take videos or pictures and remix them or edit them. I know some people that aren't turning into criminals because of the copyright laws stopping them from doing what they like to do which is remixing movies, or editing photos. I think that remixing isn't a bad thing, it's just taking something original and remixing it into something better. No one wants to watch a boring video or show when they can remix it and then watch it. Lawrence has a point that no one is really breaking the copyright law when it comes to remixing it to make it spicy and worth watching.

Is it against the law to make a parody of a song? Isn't remixing kinda the same thing? Why aren't people talking about all the song that are being remixed into a parody?

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you! This is a similar issue from one our past blogs. I think if they get permission then it should be fine. There only improving the original video. I like how you used music as an example because people remix and cover songs all the time. It's a common thing that everyone does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah I feel like Lawrence was making too big of a deal about it. He made it seem like kids were getting locked away because of making remixes and the copyright laws. I mean if we are going to get technical I think that I may be a criminal. I guess the point of his is that most of us are doing these illegal things without even knowing it which goes to show how harmless these acts are. Sometimes we just need to look at the more important issues which is what Lawrence's point was I believe. Remixing just isn't that serious!

    ReplyDelete